Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) certification is now required of all medical examiners performing DOT physicals, and this helps ensure better uniformity of medical standards for Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) drivers. It is an important step in enhancing CMV driver safety and reducing fatalities on our nation’s highways.
THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE ARRIVAL
1. VISION - Must bring your driving glasses if needed.
2. HEARING - If hearing aid is required, you must bring hearing aid.
3. BLOOD PRESSURE - Your blood pressure will be taken before exam.
4. URINALYSIS - A urinalysis is required. This test looks for indications of underlying medical conditions such as diabetes.
5. MEDICATIONS - You must bring a list of current medications.
INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER DOT PHYSICALS
DOT PHYSICAL COST - $100